Happy Fucking Day, dudes!
• I finally grew some ovaries and started subbing for real. I worked a few days this week, and signed up for four days next week. It's not the best job ever, but it makes me worry a lot less about us having enough money.
• My Saturday morning ceramics class I teach went really well, the kids made really awesome little clay creatures and were way into it, too, which doesn't happen sometimes with that project.
• I didn't really need any coffee this morning! This was very happy, because usually if I don't get my fix I'm ready to fall over. Though I did end up drinking some, because that shit's gooooood.
• My mother-in-law sent me a giftcard to get some maternity clothes. Right now I'm living in the one pair of maternity pants that fit me (my sister lent them to me, and a pair of jeans, but the jeans are so fuckign fally-downy that they make me want to rip them off my body whenever I wear them), sweatpants, and a pair of leggings. Yaaay pants that fit - I can now re-enter society!
• I went to JoAnn's fabric to find material to make Christmas ornaments as a thank-you gift for my mother-in-law, and I found some wicked awesome fabric on sale, and a sweet pattern (the pink dress on the left) to use it in.
• We made the world's tastiest soup! I've been wanting to make minestrone forever, and I based my recipe on this one at Simply Recipes (if you don't know the site, it's the best food/recipe blog evar. For reals.), but took out the potatoes and added kale, frozen peas, some rosemary instead. We ate it over some leftover brown rice from a few days ago, and holy crap, it's good! It makes a shit-ton, so we'll have leftovers for like weeks, aaaaand the Mister made these insanely tasty croutons to go with it - made from homemade white bread, natch (Yes, this is what happens when you live with a grad student and you work part-time yourself - crazy good food).
• I've been feeling the little Future Baby/Cletus the Fetus wiggle around like crazy pretty much every time I'm sitting or lying down. SO sweet! It is the nicest part of being pregnant, hands down.
On a semi-related note, here's a picture I took for a friend (one of the few who actually reads this piece of crap), because she lives far away and wanted to see my new tummy. There was a woman at the farmer's market today who told me my tummy is so cute that she almost abandoned her stall to come pat it. And that my legs are still "so skinny, which just isn't right" - I said thanks, though I think that was the first time I've been insulted and complimented at the same time. People are crazy when you have a pregnant tummy. But I digress...
• Anyhoo, I have to go watch Russian Dolls with the Mister - nothing like crappy, fluffy foreign movie to end a really good day...stay tuned, because Christmas ornaments are only the beginning of the holiday crafting insanity I'm planning!