Cheese and Monkeys

Everyone loves cheese and/or monkeys. There is no one who hates both cheese and monkeys. This is the eternal truth.

1.19.2007

University of Illinois - mildly retarded?

Back in 1982, during the halcyon days of morally questionable acts, a Sioux tribal leader gave U of I a traditional Sioux outfit, and well, now his family wants it back. And the University board isn't quite sure what to do about it, like they haven't been quite sure if the Chief is a bad idea for a mascot, and for the University as a whole.

Here's the deal. If the University actually got rid of the Chief as a mascot (and hopefully replaced it with a giant ear of corn - phallic and fitting!), people would learn how to deal with it, and in a few years, they wouldn't care anymore. The more the University lets pro-chief people bitch and moan, the more it makes them seem like they actually have a valid point. Which they don't. (I won't even get into my theory of how the campus has become more rabidly pro-chief, simply because the anti-chief groups are so annoying....)

I'm quite excited about this happening, actually, because so many of the pro-chiefers claim that since a Sioux tribe supports their idiotic and racist ideas, it's totally okay to do it. Not having the permission of "real" American Indians should piss them off a little bit, I'm hoping?

3 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Mister Nothing Strange said…

    Until you and the rest of the anti-Chief lobby are ready to stand up and slaughter all white people, I don't want to hear it! I'm not pro-Chief, but I am pro-controversy.

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    Doesn't that make them Indian givers?

    (And how come no one beat me to this?)

     
  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger eggcup said…

    Dave - quite possibly because three people read this sad littel blog, and none of them are very "smart", if you know what I mean...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home